Liverpool Football Club has launched the Club’s first full-time coaching program in Australia with the Liverpool Football Club International Academy New South Wales.
This innovative project represents a leading example of Liverpool FC partnering with a tertiary institution bringing together the world famous LFC culture and authentic football training programs with the recognized educational expertise and facilities of Southern Cross University.
A wide range of programs are planned, including ongoing player development sessions, coaching within local communities, soccer schools, residential courses, youth tournaments and coach education opportunities. The youth coaching program will officially start in August 2016 and will provide unique opportunities for players aged 5 -17 to learn to play ‘The Liverpool Way’.
LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
- Founded in 1892, Liverpool FC is one of the world’s most historic and famous football clubs having won 18 League Titles, seven FA Cups, eight League Cups, five European Cups, three UEFA Cups, three European Super Cups and 15 Charity Shields.
- As a socially responsible business, Liverpool FC is proud of its heritage and plays a proactive role in its communities through its official charity, Liverpool FC Foundation. By delivering a range of award-winning programmes, the Foundation motivates and inspires children and adults, both at home and overseas, using football and the power of the Liverpool FC badge. Its contribution has been recognised by the award of a Community Mark from Business In The Community.
- Liverpool FC is a global brand with a fan base of hundreds of millions of passionate followers. The Club works with partners around the world to deliver the most authentic coaching programmes across its LFC International Academies.
SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY
- Southern Cross University is a vibrant, contemporary Australian university with beautiful campuses and facilities on Australia’s east coast – at the Gold Coast, Lismore and Coffs Harbour. The University welcomes students from more than 50 countries throughout the world and offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in an inspiring and supportive learning environment.
- SCU is ranked in the top 500 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016). It is a research intensive university, rated ‘at world standard’ or above in 24 research areas according to the latest Excellence in Research for Australia national report.
- For the third consecutive year, SCU has also been ranked number one in Australia for international student support by the International Student Barometer 2015 survey, and ranked number two in Australia for overall learning experience.
SOUTHERN CROSS FOOTBALL CENTRE
- The Southern Cross Football Centre is a community initiative of Southern Cross University promoting participation and education through sport.
- The Centre is located in Lismore, a regional city renowned as a sporting destination, and includes a state-of-the art synthetic pitch along with a range of complementary facilities both onsite and via the nearby Southern Cross University Lismore campus.
- The Centre aims to offer a range of football opportunities to the North Coast region including being available to schools, clubs, and community groups for matches and events, small sided football and through the partnership with Liverpool Football Club access to high quality football education both onsite and at venues around New South Wales.